Welcome to the Cougar Nation!
Thank you for your interest in our school district, one of the finest in Iowa. The AGWSR Community School District serves students in four counties: Butler, Franklin, Grundy, and Hardin, including the communities of Ackley, Geneva, Steamboat Rock, and Wellsburg. The district covers 265 square miles in the scenic Greenbelt area of Iowa with easy access to metropolitan areas. Golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, parks, camping, bike trails, a wellness center, medical facilities, and many churches offer ample opportunities for recreation, fitness, and other family needs. We’re very proud of the work we do here, and we think our job of educating children is one of the most important jobs in the world.
Please come in and visit our schools. You will gain a true understanding of how much we care about every child’s education by observing our staff and our students first-hand. Our principals would be happy to schedule a tour for you.
Our website is designed to provide information about our programs, curriculum and services. We hope it will give you a sense of our commitment to providing an excellent education for every student we serve.
By any measure of educational excellence, the AGWSR Community School District excels. If you are looking for a district committed to families and children, one that values and supports education, and has a hometown feel in all of our communities, you have found it at AGWSR!
Our Commitment to Excellence is illustrated in many ways:
- Superior facilities
- Preschool/child care centers, New Elementary Facility K-5 Ackley, Remodeled Wellsburg Center housing grades K-2 and 6-8.
- Exemplary hot lunch program
- Over 80% district approval for the $3.6 million PPEL levy
- High test scores for state and national testing
- Excellent vocation programs that include Family and Consumer Science, Multiple Occupations Careers, as well as excellent academic and fine art programs
- Programs that articulate with area community colleges
- Technology programs: We are a K-12 1:1 District - K-3 iPads, 4-8 Chromebooks, 9-12 MacBook Airs
- Innovative programs meeting the educational needs of all students
- Advanced Placement courses offered online through the Belin-Blank Center
- At-Risk Program
- Student Success Team
- In house Alternative High School
- Talented and Gifted programs
- Advisor/Advisee program
- Special Education
- Parent communications
- English Language Learner supports
- Title I Reading and Math programs
- Counseling Services
- Substance abuse programs
- Character education
- A full range of middle school and high school activities that enjoy statewide recognition